Communication Essentials and Ethical Practice
Mastering Your Work, Your Organization and Your Life
Brian Baird, Ph.D.
Brian Baird shares a lifetime of concentrated study and practical application of successful communication techniques which have served him in the halls of Congress, in engaged boardrooms and before entertained and appreciative audiences across the country.
The ability to effectively communicate determines your personal professional success, yet few of us have given serious, focused attention to understanding and mastering the essentials of effective communication. Fewer still have considered how communication relates to ethical practice and conduct. This is true even for those who think of themselves as strong communicators and ethical practitioners.
Essential Communication and Ethical Practice provides practical insights and proven skills that transform communication from a habitual, automatic and, too often, flawed exercise into a purposeful, strategic and focused art that is integral to effective, and ethical interactions. Brian Barid’s proven method is built around the 6 essential elements of effective communication and integrates these elements with research and theory into ethical thinking and conduct.
- Assess each of the communication elements to understand why and how they can be improved for you personally and for your organization.
- Review of the latest research into ethical training and ethical practice.
- Examine each of the communication elements in detail, with real time practice, findings from the latest research, and examples of real world communicationand ethical successes and failures.
Throughout this course your experience, expertise and knowledge will be recognized and incorporated as we all share best practices and, in some cases, hard earned lessons, of what to do and not to do. Turn ordinary into exceptional. Join this compelling Master Class to polish your skills for maximum effectiveness!
Program Outline & Schedule
[Part I: 90 Minutes]
• Readiness exercise for the day
• Communication and ethics self assessment and discussion
The 6-R Elements of Communication
• How communication and ethics interact
Readiness – What happens before we communicate?
• Advance readiness review and strategies
• Immediate readiness techniques
• How readiness failures lead to ethical lapses
Receiving – Much more than just listening…
• Receiving and readiness demonstrations
• How improved receiving reduces ethics risks
[15 minute break]
[Part II: 90 Minutes]
Relating – Why focus on feelings?
• When and why and with whom we skip relating and with what effects
• Ethical impacts of ignoring relating – how not relating gets people sued and loses clients and cases
Reasoning – Thinking before responding, imagine that.
• What to reason about and how to do it in real time?
• How readiness, receiving and relating inform reasoning.
• What is Ethical Reasoning and how does it relate to communication
• Responding at last
[Part III: 90 Minutes]
Responding – Purposeful choices and not just words.
• Internally suppressing the immediate response, at least for a moment
• Infinite possibilities and goals – choosing those that matter
• How readiness, receiving, relating and reasoning inform responding
• What ethical tenets guide responding
• Responding demonstrations
Repeating the Process – The 6-R process returns and continues
• Putting it all together in practice
• Readiness – Receiving-Relating-Reasoning-Responding-Repeating
[15 minute break]
[Part IV: 90 Minutes]
• At work with clients, colleagues and coworkers
• At home and with loved ones
• Public speaking and media
• Writing and electronics
Bonus Insight – Content and process: What the experts watch for
Bonus Insight – Stages of change: The power of meeting people where they are
Building a personal, organizational and relationship communication plan
If you are not convinced that your understanding of the course topic has
improved after completion of any P.E.G.® seminar, we will refund your course tuition.