Talking With Pictures
Courtroom Persuasion in the Media Dominated Age
Kevin W. Thompson
Kevin Thompson artfully demonstrates how to use the powerful tools of visual media to manage evidence and to present it persuasively to opposing counsel, a judge or a jury.
The hearts and minds of today’s jurors are no longer moved by flowery oratory. In a 21st century courtroom Anderson Cooper would more likely hold sway than William Jennings Bryan.
This program is not a tutorial on how to build a PowerPoint presentation. It’s a program about why PowerPoint is a required tool and why PowerPoint alone isn’t enough.
Back-to-back nation trial lawyer of the year finalist Kevin Thompson teaches today’s advocates how to peg tier winning themes to winning visual strategies.
In Talking with Pictures, Mr. Thompson breaks down the uses and misuses of popular courtroom presentation technologies and unpacks how the timeless strategies of advocacy are not supplanted but enhanced by the correct use of visuals in the courtroom.
Learn how to effectively Talk with Pictures during:
- MSJ Arguments
- Direct Examination
- Cross Examination
- Expert Witnesses
- Closing Argument
- Press Conferences
Program Outline & Schedule (6 hours)
[Part I: 90 minutes]
Multimedia Stage Craft
- Visual Society, Visual Learning, Visual Juror
- Great Lawyers’ “Once the Jury Saw That, It Was Over” Moments
- TV News Techniques and Modern Trial Presentation
- Ethical Responsibilities — Talking with Pictures Outside the Courtroom
[15 minute break]
[Part II: 90 minutes]
Trial Presentation Parts
- Opening — Respecting & Bending the Rules
- Examination — Visual Questions/Visual Answers, Smoothly
- Closing — Visual Power Brought to Bear
- I’ve Been Pic’d! Fighting the Picture-Based Attack
[Part III: 90 minutes]
Taking & Making Pictures That Talk
- Taking Pictures & Video that Persuade
- Making Pictures That Persuade
- Pictures of Pain — Medical Damages, Pictures and Jurors
- Surveillance Video — Real-World Pictures in the Courtroom
- Ethical Use of Visual Evidence vs. Pictures that Lie
[15 minute break]
[Part IV: 90 minutes]
Do-It-Yourself Talking with Pictures on a Budget
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft MovieMaker & Other Video Tools
If you are not convinced that your understanding of the course topic has
improved after completion of any P.E.G.® seminar, we will refund your course tuition.