The Amazing Case
Illustrations and Demonstrations of the Trial of a
Thomas A. Mauet and Michael P. Cash
Renowned trial lawyers and instructors, Thomas A. Mauet and Michael P. Cash, will invigorate the way you approach and execute litigation. Guaranteed.
When jurors think of “courtroom drama,” they envision tearful testimony and powerful arguments. How do you persuade a jury when your fight for justice involves a seemingly emotionless commercial case? Tom Mauet and Mike Cash will show you how, with the flair, professionalism and impact that you should expect from such a dynamic team.
In The Amazing Case, Mauet and Cash demonstrate — by trying the case to you, the jury — how to present both the complexities and the mundane aspects of a commercial matter in an appealing, engaging manner. They will show you how to unlock powerful, hidden emotional keys. You have probably seen demonstrations before. The difference in this program is the advocates. Mauet and Cash are accomplished teachers, but first and foremost they are trial lawyers. As their reputations and egos are secure, they approach each stage of this case with their total focus on your success at trial.
From either side of the bar, you will gain tips to educate and persuade the jury. Their direct and cross-examination of the financial expert alone will return dividends on your CLE investment.
Attending this special seminar will be the best investment you make in your practice this year.
Program Outline & Schedule (6 hours)
[Part I: 90 minutes]
- Thinking through a commercial case from the right side of your brain
- Seeing things from a juror’s perspective
- Creating compelling themes
- Questions designed to persuade
- Questions designed to eliminate
[15 minute break]
[Part II: 90 minutes]
- Ladies and Gentlemen, prepare for mind-numbing boredom
Lay Witness Direct & Cross-Examination
- Hard Cross vs. Soft Cross
[Part III: 90 minutes]
- Making sure your dogs and ponies are what the jury needs and wants
- The fun stuff the jury expects you to do
- Finding people who won’t confuse the jury
- Preparing them to make sure they don’t confuse the jury
[15 minute break]
[Part IV: 90 minutes]
Direct & Cross of an Expert on Monetary Damages
- Wait, don’t leave, this really is going to be good!
- Closing the circle
- Substance with Sizzle
If you are not convinced that your understanding of the course topic has
improved after completion of any P.E.G.® seminar, we will refund your course tuition.