Tips, Tactics & Practical Tales
Michael P. Cash
You’ve likely seen dozens of trial advocacy instructors. Many were probably very good — some great. But you haven’t seen anybody like Mike Cash. He is that rare breed who loves trial, loves sharing his tactics and techniques with other trial lawyers and is a superstar at both.
Cash’s timing and gift for delivery were developed in his prior life as a stand-up comic and were honed in the courtroom. They are evident and important aspects of his presentations at trial and integral to his skill as a seminar leader. Cash presents tips and tactics illustrated with tales from actual trials where they were successfully employed. Trials is a fast-paced program rich with demonstration and worth every second of your attention. See, discover and enjoy:
- pre-trial tips that will allow you to shut down your opponent at trial;
- high impact openings;
- illuminating direct examinations of any kind of witness that will hold a jury’s attention;
- decisive cross-examinations which will unravel a witness;
- how to create and use show-stopping demonstrative evidence; and
- closing arguments that move the jury to action.
Don’t expect the trite or the familiar from Cash or this intense, creative program. He respects your experience and celebrates your already proven abilities as a trial lawyer. Cash’s presentation is designed specifically to take you to the next level of success in the courtroom.
Program Outline & Schedule (6 hours)
The Trial Lawyer — A Dying Breed?
Pre-Trial: What To Do Before the Trial Starts
- “The little things”
Motion in Limine
- What Matters
- What Doesn’t
- Using Your Discovery as a Guide
Voir Dire:Keep Your Friends Close — Get Rid of Your Enemies
- Questions Designed to Persuade
- Questions Designed to Eliminate
Opening Statement:You Get 10 Seconds — Don’t Waste Them
10:00 – 10:15 am
Direct Examination:Lights … Camera … Action!
- Witnesses Preparation
- Conducting an Effective Direct
- Lay Witnesses
– Party/Non Party
– Reluctant Witnesses
– Techniques that Reinforce
- Easy to do — Hard to do Well!
- Experts — A Special Breed
11:45 – 1:00 pm
Impeachment — How To and NOT To
The Keys to a Powerful Impeachment
- Hard Cross vs. Soft Cross
- Objectives and Tactics
Battling the Sharks
- How to Attack the Expert Without Becoming the Prey
- How to Spot (and Avoid) Danger
2:30 – 2:45 pm
Educate and Entertain
- High Tech vs. Low Tech
- The Best I Ever Saw!
- Control the Technology
- Big Hat, No Cattle?
Tidbits: Tips and Tactics That Can Save You at Trial
Closing Argument: “It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over”
- Substance with Sizzle
- Keys to a Powerful Closing
If you are not convinced that your understanding of the course topic has
improved after completion of any P.E.G.® seminar, we will refund your course tuition.